Three simple methods to reset your Apple ID password
Everyone using an Apple product has also a unique Apple ID to get the most out of the services Apple has to offer for its users such as App Store, iCloud, Apple Music and iTunes service. These indicate how strong Apple ID is integrated into the broader iOS and OS X.
Forgetting your Apple ID password might seem a big deal, but, this is a common case scenario that fortunately, has a practical and easy solution. So, there is no need to freak out just yet. Apple knows we’re all humans here, that it why it has created multiple ways to help us recover our Apple ID password fast.
What to do to get your Apple ID password back
As you must have already thought, there is no way for Apple to tell you the forgotten password due to many security and technical reasons. But, instead of doing so, Apple has involved some simple and easy steps to follow in order to safely reset your Apple ID password.
Find below three of the most effective ways to deal with this issue…
Reset your Apple ID password using your account page
To do so, you just need to:
- Enter appleid.apple.com and then click “Forgot Apple ID or password” which is aligned in the center of the page.
- Secondly, after being taken to a new page, you should enter your Apple ID. You can also enter the email address linked with the account.
- Click Continue and then select “I need to reset my password”.
- Now it’s the time for you to choose the way you want to reset your Apple ID password. You can choose to reset it through your email or by answering to a set of security questions.
- Finally, if you’ve chosen to reset your Apple ID password via email, Apple will send you the instructions to the primary email address you used to begin this process.
- If you choose to go through the security questions, you must confirm your birthday and answer the aforementioned questions before being able to enter a new password.
Reset your Apple ID password using your iOS device
To do so, you need to:
- Go to Settings
- Then to iCloud
- Tap your name at the top of the page
- Tap “Password”
- Enter “Security”
- Enter “Change Password”
- Enter your new password
Rested your Apple ID password using the Apple ID account page
To do so, you need to:
- Go to iforgot.apple.com
- Enter the trusted phone number that you have submitted when you first set up the two-factor authentication.
- Enter “Continue” to get a notification to your trusted iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- After receiving the notification in your device, tap “Allow”.
- Enter the received passcode
- Reset your password.